September 6, 2008

My Picture Tour of Hong Kong

Ok, there are a lot of pictures here that everyone has been waiting to see so I'm just going to do a collage and you all can have fun looking at them. There are three different places that I visited today. The first six pictures are from Victoria's Peak which looks over all of Hong Kong from all directions. Victoria's Peak is on Hong Kong Island and to the North is Kowloon and to the west is Lantau Island. It is an incredible view but the weather was bad today so the pictures aren't that great. I want to get some night pictures of this with all the lights. The next 7 pictures are from Stanley marketplace. It's a famous tourist area on Hong Kong Island where tourists go to shop. The last 5 pictures are from Aberdeen which is the original harbor and fisherman area. There are a lot of native Hong Kong chinese people that still live here on their house boats and fish every day. I hope you enjoy the pictures, I enjoyed my day taking them. There was a group of about 30 of us that had fun making our way around the Islands and getting lost. I did run into two sets of missionaries, a couple missionary that had the last name Woolsey. I walked up to them out of the blue and asked them if they knew the Woolsey's that are in our Ward in Cedar City and it ended up being Brother Woolsey's brother and wife. Small world. Everyone in my group that it was strange that I kept on walking up to people and acting like I knew them. I guess the gospel gives us an instant connection and it's reassuring that we can be anywhere in the world and we have a brother or sister that we can talk to and be friends with. I'll have more pictures and updates in a couple days.





































No comments: