August 14, 2008

The First Day of School

The first day of school. You start thinking and worrying about it on the second day of summer. Will I have any friends in my class? Will my teacher be nice? Will my mom buy me the right clothes? Will I like what they serve for lunch on the first day?
This all builds up in your head and then works its way down to your stomach enough so that early in the morning on the first day of school you puke. Then you have a whole new set of worries about not being able to be there on the first day.
At least that's how it happened for Katie. The pains of missing the first day and then being lost on the second day far outweighed the pain in her stomach or head. Maybe the medicine that I gave her worked. Let's just hope that she does not fall asleep before the first recess.


Adrianna has Mrs. Komerak for 4th grade. She knew a few kids in her class and was very excited. She was dressed and ready to go by 7am. I was always so sure that with her I would be the parent standing in the hall with a crying child who refused to go to class. Boy, was I wrong about her!

I was surprised that neither of these two wanted me to take them to school. They both rode the bus.


Katie's teacher is Cynthia Dunaway. Everyone who has had a child in her class before has loved her. She has taught for 20 years and this will probably be her last. Katie was nervous because she only knew a few kids in her class and they used to chase her. She never seems to have problems making friends so I'm sure she will be fine.



At first Isaac was jealous because he didn't get new school shoes and he didn't get to ride the bus, but, now that everyone else is gone and Tess is asleep he is excited to have me all to himself.


Hannah doesn't seem to have all of the usual jitters that are associated with the first day of middle school. She doesn't really have any friends in her core class but she has planned to meet up with her friends at the lunch table.


I still can't believe that Hannah is in the 6th grade!
My memories of the 6th grade aren't exactly fond ones. I did however manage to get through all of middle school without once ever being stuffed into a garbage can or the bird bath.
Good luck girls! We love you!

No comments: